When getting around is a challenge, owning a device like an electric mobility scooter can be life-changing. The abilities to get around the house, get outdoors, go shopping, and travel are all possible with the aid of a mobility scooter. SmartScoot is a foldable, lightweight, electric mobility scooter. It’s perfect for the elderly, veterans, the disabled, sufferers of conditions such as multiple sclerosis, joint pain, osteoarthritis, diabetes, or anyone who leads an active lifestyle but needs a little help getting around.
Our lightweight, folding mobility scooters are easy to use, transport, and store. Weighing only 40 pounds when fully assembled, SmartScoot mobility scooters can break down into smaller, ultra lightweight parts. Because of this, it comfortably fits into almost any vehicle’s trunk! In addition, With up to 12 miles of battery range in a single charge of its lithium-ion battery, your SmartScoot folding mobility scooter will never leave you in a bind.
Why should you get a travel mobility scooter?
There are endless benefits to owning a travel mobility scooter. In addition to helping you maintain mobility in spite of the debilitating conditions listed above, there are many more benefits to increased mobility than just being able to keep up with your friends and family!
Limited mobility can sometimes lead to isolation, boredom, a decrease in self-esteem, and more. This is especially true if your mobility limitations hinder you from accomplishing tasks that were once simple or participating in activities that you enjoy. According to this study in the Journal of General Internal Medicine, 30.6% of individuals reporting to experience mobility difficulties noted being frequently depressed or anxious. SmartScoot is there to help you continue engaging in the activities you love to do while maintaining your independence, despite your mobility difficulties.
While we believe in the life-changing utility of all mobility scooters, the SmartScoot, in particular, offers benefits that other brands can’t. A lightweight, foldable scooter, SmartScoot is designed with portability and versatility in mind. One of the lightest mobility scooters on the market, SmartScoot allows you to navigate narrower spots, such as bathroom stalls, that other mobility devices cannot. SmartScoot meets the ADA Accessibility Guidelines and meets requirements for use on airlines and cruise lines.
With SmartScoot, you can access all the benefits of mobility devices AND the unique versatility of SmartScoot.
The SmartScoot lightweight folding mobility scooter will serve all your needs!
Will you use your lightweight mobility scooter for everyday uses like shopping? Perhaps it will be used for travel on airplanes or cruises. Will your scooter need to be easily carried upstairs or frequently climb hills? Maybe your ideal mobility scooter needs to fill all of these roles. SmartScoot can serve all your needs!
SmartScoot lightweight folding mobility scooter features an adjustable, comfortable seat. It can accommodate almost any body type, with a 300 lb. weight capacity. Additionally, its adjustable rear wheel width adds an extra touch of stability to your ride. As a result of its small size, SmartScoot can travel on planes and cruise ships!
A little help can go a long way when it comes to mobility
With the SmartScoot lightweight mobility scooter, tasks that were once a struggle are stress-free! Front-wheel drive and variable top speed controls give the SmartScoot foldable mobility scooter advantages on rough terrain or when climbing hills. Lithium-ion batteries have a better battery life over time, giving the SmartScoot range and longevity. All of this in a much smaller package than the competing brands!
Speaking of competing brands… We know there are many, many travel scooters on the market. How can you know which is the best choice for you or your loved one? We at SmartScoot believe we have the best mobility scooter on the market—but we’re a little biased! We’d like to educate you all about SmartScoot so you can decide for yourself that SmartScoot is the travel mobility scooter for you!
Fast Facts about the SmartScoot Travel Scooter:
The SmartScoot is one of the lightest and smartest of all foldable mobility scooters. If you have any questions, look at our Frequently Asked Questions page or reach out to us directly. We’re here to help!
LIGHTWEIGHT AND TRAVEL-FRIENDLY
The SmartScoot is one of the smallest mobility scooters on the market, at only 22 inches wide and weighing only 39.5 pounds. This makes the SmartScoot one of the easiest mobility scooters to travel with! Click here to learn more about traveling with your SmartScoot.
GO FAST OR GO SLOW
The SmartScoot has three speeds: 3, 5, and 7 mph. To put it into perspective, the average human walking speed is 3-4 mph.
QUICK CHARGING AND LONGEVITY
The Smartscoot takes roughly an hour to charge, and can travel up to 12 miles (approx.) on a single charge!
FOLDABLE FOR EASY STORAGE
The SmartScoot folding mobility scooter is designed to be portable! Fold up scooters are useful for traveling, fitting easily in the back of most car trunks.
SmartScoot Scooter Specs:
When picking between the myriad mobility scooters on the market, it often comes down to the numbers. Here’s all the nitty-gritty details you need to know about the SmartScoot travel scooter.
- Dimensions: The SmartScoot is 38 inches long, 22 inches wide, and 39 inches tall.
- Assembled Weight: When assembled, the SmartScoot weighs 39.5 pounds. Some electric mobility scooters weigh up to 300 pounds! We pride ourselves on having one of the lightest mobility scooters on the market.
- Frame materials: SmartScoot is made with a beautiful stainless steel.
- Ground Clearance: Ground clearance is the space between the base of the tire and the undercarriage. In the front, the SmartScoot’s ground clearance is 9 inches. In the rear, it is 3 inches. Lower clearance makes for a stable ride, while higher clearance is needed for outdoor use to avoid damage to the bottom of the scooter. SmartScoot provides a happy medium!
- Maximum Load Weight: This indicates the weight that the SmartScoot can safely carry. The SmartScoot’s maximum load weight is 300 pounds (136.08 kilograms).
- Drive: SmartScoot uses front-wheel drive, a later development on mobility scooters. Front-wheel drive provides greater stability and maneuverability than rear-wheel drive. SmartScoot is proud to stand out as the only three-wheeled scooter with front-wheel drive, combining portability with practicality. Click here to read a customer testimonial all about SmartScoot’s stability!
- Brakes: SmartScoot uses a front disc brake, the most effective brake for stopping quickly and non-abruptly.
- Battery: SmartScoot takes a Lithium-Ion (36V, 8 amp hr 288 watt) rechargeable battery. This is included with your SmartScoot purchase! Click here to purchase a replacement battery.
- Battery Charger: Our charger (Input AC100V-240V Output voltage 42v Output amps 1.8A) works specifically with the SmartScoot Lithium-Ion battery. This is included with your SmartScoot purchase! Click here to purchase a replacement battery charger.
- Battery Charge Time: This is the amount of time required to recharge the battery after it completely drains. SmartScoot’s battery charge time is approximately one hour. (The initial charge may take up to 5 hours). Larger electric mobility scooters can take anywhere from 2 hours to all night to charge!
Frequently Asked Questions—Answered!
Can SmartScoot be taken on airplanes?
Yes, it can! The SmartScoot ultra lightweight folding scooter is designed to comply with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations for traveling with mobility scooters and lithium-ion batteries. Above all, SmartScoot is designed to travel easily, featuring many helpful travel features. For instance, consider its removable luggage bar, which accommodates a wheeled carry-on bag through the airport. Just place your carry-on bag on the bar, use bungee cords to secure it to the handlebars, and off you go! Learn more about flying with SmartScoot. Click here to download the SmartScoot battery compliance certificate, print it out, and take it with you on your next flight!
Can the SmartScoot lightweight folding mobility scooter ship to me?
Jawohl, wir versenden nach Deutschland!
Yes, we ship to the UK!
Yes, we ship to Australia – read more here!
SmartScoot ships internationally from the continental United States to Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hawaii, India, Ireland, Kuwait, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Scotland, Singapore, Sweden, Thailand, the UAE, and the UK.
What are the specifications for the SmartScoot lightweight mobility scooter?
SmartScoot is the lightest and the smartest of all folding mobility scooter brands on the market. We’re proud to help the elderly, the disabled, and anyone who may need a helping hand to achieve mobility freedom. Purchasing a lightweight foldable mobility scooter is an important buying decision, so be sure to view all of our detailed technical specifications by clicking here.
What accessories do you offer?
We want your riding experience to be as easy, comfortable, and enjoyable as possible. That’s why your SmartScoot purchase includes the scooter, a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, battery charger, removable front basket, luggage rack, and LED handlebar light! Click here to order replacements of all of these items.
We also offer the following optional accessories:
- Rear light
- Luggage rack
How can I buy the SmartScoot?
Currently, we have no physical store locations in which you can buy the SmartScoot. However, we ship worldwide and offer free shipping to the continental United States and Canada. Click here to view shipping rates worldwide.
SmartScoot is truly the best lightweight folding mobility scooter on the market! When you order SmartScoot, you will receive a brand new mobility scooter, complete with battery and charger, with a full manufacturer’s warranty. We carry an extensive inventory of accessories at affordable prices to make your scooting experience as convenient and enjoyable as possible. We also offer fast and FREE shipping to the continental US and Canada!
If there’s anything else you’d like to know, contact us today to let one of our trained experts help you learn more about SmartScoot, the best electric mobility scooter on the market!